Home  /  Your Industry  /  Electrical  /  Guidelines for Electrical License through Reciprocity

Guidelines for Electrical License through Reciprocity

Reciprocity Guidelines

  • Please check with your state to determine if there is a Reciprocal Journeyman Electrician License Agreement between Oklahoma and the state in which you are currently licensed. 
  • A list of the states with which the CIB has a Reciprocity Agreement can be found below.
  • A reciprocal license can NOT be a 'grandfathered license'.
  • You must have had a license a minimum of one year to reciprocate.
  • The application including 'Work History' must be completed. Only the 'Affidavit of Experience' may be omitted.
  • If your address changes after you submit your application, notify CIB in writing. 
  • The Electrical Licensing Unit of the Construction Industries Board works very hard to process your application in a timely manner. 
  • Please do not call to check the status of your application. You will be notified in writing once your application has been reviewed.

Reciprocity States List

  • Alaska
  • Arkansas
  • Colorado
  • Idaho
  • Iowa
  • Montana
  • Nebraska
  • South Dakota
  • Texas
  • Wyoming